SUMMER PROGRAM IN U.S.
LEARNING, EXPOSURE & FUN – A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR SHORT-TERM SUMMER STUDY ABROAD IN THE U.S. TO EXPLORE LONG-TERM OPTIONS!
IUP Summer Certificate Program in Business & Leadership Summer Program at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) June – July
IUP HAS PARTNERED WITH PES TO ORGANIZE SHORT-TERM SUMMER CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS FOR STUDENTS FROM INDIA. THE STUDENTS WILL ATTEND NEARLY A DOZEN WORKSHOPS IN BUSINESS AREAS SUCH AS INVESTMENT PLANNING, PROJECT MANAGEMENT, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT, CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT, E-COMMERCE, SMALL BUSINESS PLANNING, DATABASE MANAGEMENT, ETC. THE WORKSHOPS WILL BE TAUGHT BY INDUSTRY EXPERTS AND BY FACULTY WITH DOCTORAL DEGREES AND EXTENSIVE INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE. IN ADDITION, THE STUDENTS WILL VISIT COMPANIES IN INDUSTRIES SUCH AS MANUFACTURING, RETAIL/WHOLESALE, FINANCIAL, AND HEALTHCARE SECTORS. STUDENTS WILL ALSO HAVE THE FUN OF VISITING WORLD-FAMOUS SITES IN NIAGARA FALLS, NEW YORK, WASHINGTON, D.C., AND PITTSBURGH. STUDENTS WILL PARTICIPATE IN SPECIAL EVENTS ON JULY 4, THE AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE DAY!
Besides exposure to a multicultural environment, the students can look forward to:
- Interactive classes, accessible instructors, and a diverse student body
- Building connections with peers from around the world
- Attending speaking events, academic round-tables, and trips
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE FOR IUP SUMMER CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN BUSINESS & LEADERSHIP
EBERLY COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND IT, PA, U.S.A.
JUNE TO JULY
|1 & 2||Arrival||Airport Pickup at Pittsburgh|
|3||Orientation||Briefing on campus life, discipline, conduct and safety.|
|4||Workshop 1||Select topic in Business & Leadership|
|5||Company Visit 1|
|6||Sightseeing Trip||Visit to Pittsburg|
|7||Personal time||Campus – Sports / Cultural activity|
|8||Workshop 2||Select topic in Business & Leadership|
|9||Workshop 3||Select topic in Business & Leadership|
|10||Company Visit 2|
|11||Workshop 4||Select topic in Business & Leadership|
|12||Shopping Tour||Grove City Premium Outlets|
|13||Sightseeing Trip||To Niagara Falls|
|14||Personal time||Campus – Sports / Cultural activity.|
|15||Workshop 5||Select topic in Business & Leadership|
|16||Workshop 6||Select topic in Business & Leadership|
|17||Company Visit 3|
|18||Workshop 7||Select topic in Business & Leadership|
|19||Local Shopping||Visiting Indiana County|
|20||Sightseeing Trip||Visit To Washington D.C.|
|21||Personal time||Campus – Sports / Cultural activity|
|22||Workshop 8||Select topic in Business & Leadership|
|23||Workshop 9||Select topic in Business & Leadership|
|25||Certificate Distribution||Farewell Dinner|
|26||Open||Personal trip / shopping.|
|27 & 28||Departure||Airport Drop at Pittsburgh|
Students who successfully complete all requirements will receive 6 PES University credits and a non-credit Certificate in Management from IUP.
- Stay at IUP campus in superior housing facilities.
- Eberly College of Business & IT will conduct seminars/workshops on management & leadership skills.
- Workshops will be conducted by industry experts and management faculty with extensive industry experience.
- Students will visit companies in sectors such as manufacturing, retail / wholesale, financial, and healthcare sectors.
- Students will experience the fun of visiting world famous sites in Niagara Falls, Washington, D.C. and Pittsburgh.
- Students will participate in special events during July 4th, the American Independence Day.
- Students will have opportunities to explore prospects for higher studies and business ventures in the U.S.
- Program tuition & certification
- Visa counseling
- Visa fees
- Group airport transfer in the U.S.
Payment to be done through Demand Draft only to “PESIUP Program” payable at Bangalore
Our students from PESIUP at Niagara Falls
Summer program students enjoying the view over Niagara Falls. The sensation of lift-off to the feeling of a soaring like a bird, the helicopter ride offers breathtaking views of Niagara falls and the upper and lower Niagara river.